Thursday, July 12, 2012

#29 - Longboarding = New Skill

I bought a new toy... a longboard. I do not know WHAT came over me and brought me to think that this was a good idea. I am not coordinated. I am not agile. How am I going to stay on this thing?!?!?!
I have already taken a go at it... I didn't make it out of my driveway... I had a big fall and bruised my butt... but I kept getting back on.
I watch people who can ride these things and I think that they must have been born with an extra something that gives them the skill to look cool. I watch them weave around.. or carve... as they call it... and for a minute I get all excited and think that I can TOTALLY do that... then I get on my board and well, balance is definitely an issue. At least I had the forethought to buy a helmet as well... somethings I can do right!
Updates to come... I WILL make it out of my driveway!!!! And I will NOT die!

No comments: